St Stephen's church in Marton was founded in 1871 when the foundation stone was laid by Bishop Hadfield.
The church was designed by George F. Allen of Wanganui in the perpendicular Gothic style. This stunning church features a free standing belfry and a Norman & Beard organ in original condition.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL SERVICES AND GATHERINGS ARE CLOSED DUE TO COVID-19.
- St Stephen's: 8.00am Sunday - Communion
- St Stephen's: 9.30am Sunday - Whanau Communion
- Towgood Lounge: 10.00am Wednesday - Communion
Other activities we have:
- A Children and Families Ministry (CFM)
- 'Teas and Tots' a preschool playgroup on Tuesdays 10am-12pm excluding school holidays.
- Education for Ministry (EFM) on Monday nights 6.30pm
- Ladies' Luncheon with a guest speaker is held on the second Wednesday of each month in the Hall.
- St Stephens is also home to an enthusiastic choir which sings at Easter, Christmas and other special services.
- Food Pantry on a Friday between 3.30pm and 5.30pm
Priest in Charge: Rev Tim Duxfield
Wardens: George Death (Vicar's)
& Sue Wells (People's)
23 Maunder St, Marton
Phone Office: 06 327 8398
Priest in Charge: 022 105 1237
No reira waiho ko te aroha o Te Matua Kaha Rawa hei korowai mou.
May the love of Almighty God enfold you
Click on the links below to view location, service times and History of each individaul Church.